4 Jul 2011

Nude(s) of the week #3

I'm about to show you something that
a) does not look like something I drew and
b) is not drawn with a pencil of mine.

Why? Because yesterday, someone actually taught me how to draw life models. Did you know, that the body is 7 1/2 heads high and the torso from the waist up can fit three heads on top of each other? I didn't, but now I do. I also know that all these facts and trying to put them in practice whilst drawing really made me feel like I never drew before. I also had to ditch my pencils and draw with a thing called graphite, and that actually was the first time. As if this wasn't enough to put me out of my comfort zone, I had to do this all in big scale on a huge paper, which is one of my greatest dislikes. I learned so much, but deep inside I just wanted to dig out my little sketchbooks and draw puppets with abnormally large heads.

Nude of the week vol 3
Though I've got to admit, I got quite enthusiastic about playing with the water soluable graphite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment